Greetings Bibb Mt. Zion Family and Friends,
I pray this correspondence finds you well and in good health. I’m sure you have heard the various reports regarding the coronavirus also referred to as COVID-19.
As believers in Christ, we recognize the significance of trusting God in every circumstance and not being overwhelmed by the spirit of fear. As we trust God for divine protection in light of the coronavirus outbreak, we also acknowledge the importance of exercising wisdom as it relates to the spread of this virus. Although we are not aware of any coronavirus cases among our church staff or congregation, we are encouraging each member to follow the following precautions as you attend worship and as you interact with others in public.
Worship Experience, Life Class and Ministry Meetings
- BMZ will continue our 8:00 Praise Break and 10:45 Worship Experiences as usual. If you are not feeling well utilize our online viewing via the BMZ Website, BMZ APP, as well as Facebook Live.
- Wednesday Corporate Prayer and Life Class will continue as usual.
- Ministry Meetings will continue as usual, however we ask that when possible please use technology (Conference Calls, Zoom) in lieu of in-person meetings.
- We will not have fellowship time during our Worship Experiences but we encourage you to stay connected via waves and phone calls after services.
- As we evaluate the spread of the virus and receive guidance from healthcare professionals and leaders, we will communicate any changes to our Worship Experiences and Meetings. Please see updates on our various social media platforms, BMZ Website, BMZ App, and Word on the Go.
How Can You Help?
- Be prayerful, remain calm, and recite Psalm 91 daily.
- Avoid handshaking, hugging, kissing, and skin to skin contact with one another.
- Utilize hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol. Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be available during all worship experiences.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Remain at home and worship with us online if you’re not feeling well or experiencing flu like symptoms (coughing, runny nose, itchy eyes, fever).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue immediately. Immediately wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Stay connected with updates via WOTG, BMZ APP, BMZ Website, Emails from Ministry Leaders, and Automated Phone Calls. Helpful information and BMZ Updates can be found under the “News” sections on both the BMZ APP and Website.
For further information on the coronavirus, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Be reassured that we are staying in touch with health officials and will follow the guidelines being communicated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We ask that you continue to attend worship services regularly if you are healthy and able to do so.
Once again, we are trusting God, for direction, protection, and eradication of the virus. If you will not be able to attend our worship experiences due to health reasons, once again, livestream is available for the 10:45 A.M. Worship Experience. Your contributions can be made via the BMZ APP, BMZ Website, Givelify, or by mailing your contribution to the church office: 3268 Avondale Mill Rd., Macon, GA 31216.
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Paul A. Little, II